It’s fall, my favorite season! Nothing puts me in a good mood like the first snap of cool air or the sight of orange edging the leaves on the trees.
The advent of fall seems like a reason to celebrate, and of course it has traditionally been a great time for many harvest festivals. Why not make up your own rite of autumn this year by putting together a festival of your own making?
Here are some creative ideas for making the most of the lovely weather, including ways to savor the tastes of fall and ideas for decorating to highlight the colors and textures of the season.
- My Baking Addiction blog shrinks down a classic with mini pumpkin pies.
- Betty Crocker offers a recipe for apple-cinnamon pumpkin bars.
- The Yummy Life gives directions for caramel apples with gourmet flair.
- Events Uncorked points toward a healthier option: baked pumpkin seeds.
- For a little nibbling, get your hands on some pumpkin spice flavored M&Ms, some Candy Corn Oreos, some candy corn flavored Starburst, or just some good, old-fashioned candy corn.
- Mom Endeavors blog lists 15 fun outdoor games to make your backyard into a carnival, such as lawn Scrabble, backyard Jenga, and DIY cornhole.
- Maggie Stewart writes on Yahoo about 15 fall and harvest party games, such as harvest dash, pass the apple, and fall corn fling.
- MindWare blog offers instructions for fall-themed outdoor games, like a leaf maze, autumn I-spy, and fall treasure hunts.
- What about something pumpkin-focused? Here’s pumpkin bowling and a pop-goes-the-pumpkin game.
- Wild Ruffle shows how hay bales and red-orange chrysanthemums can really autumn-up a front porch.Better Homes and Gardens suggests a classic idea:using pumpkins as decoration, perhaps stacked into a backyard planter or an old wheelbarrow
- Midwest Living offers ideas for using dried corn cobs, such as a corn-cob wreath or garland.
- Freshome highlights the many ways you can use colorful fall leaves in decorating your outdoor space.
What are you favorite ways to celebrate fall? If you have a fall festival, what games, food, and decorations will you feature?